Corgi Puppies For Sale: Behavioural Guide
Corgi Breed Information
Corgis for Sale
Searching for Welsh Corgi puppies for sale? Well, you’d have the stamp of Royal approval – this breed are famous for being the preferred pets of HM Queen Elizabeth II.
These dogs may be small, but they have a big personality, and you can learn about their behavioural traits – and some training tips – in the guide below.
Welsh Corgi Puppies: Breed Temperament and Corgi Training Tips
1. Corgi puppies have a high level of intelligence and obedience, so basic training should be relatively easy, provided you carry it out in a controlled manner. The Corgi puppy will have a loving and loyal personality, and will be eager to please, so provided you instil the basics early (such as training a dog to sit and crate training techniques), you should experience few setbacks during the first couple of months.
2. Despite their diminutive stature and short legs, Corgis are surprisingly active in nature – so you’ll need to put plenty of time aside into exercising these playful dogs. In fact, if you’re looking for a smaller breed with a fairly lazy personality, the Corgi breed may not be a suitable choice. These dogs like nothing more than chasing balls, and it’s a skill they can accomplish with surprising speed.
3. In terms of their reaction to other dogs and animals, the majority of Welsh Corgi puppies will adapt with relative ease to the presence of other household pets. However, as with anything in life, there are sometimes exceptions to this rule. Some Corgi puppies may become nervous and defensive around dogs from outside of the family, so some specialist Corgi training may be required.
4. Occasionally, barking can be a problem with this breed – although as this breed has generally high levels of intuition, this behavioural trait will rarely progress into a major problem if combated from an early age. Read our guide on how to train a dog to stop barking for more tips on tackling this problem.
5. Finally, these dogs can exhibit certain signs of separation anxiety on occasion, so you’ll need to ensure that a Welsh Corgi puppy is not left alone for long periods in a room where it has the opportunity to wreak destruction. Boredom can become an issue as well, so you should consider a number of dog accessories and toys to keep Corgi puppies entertained.
Find Corgi puppies for sale on Click Pets