Jack Russell Breed Guide
Jack Russell Breed Information
View Jack Russells and Puppies for sale on the dogsandpuppies website.
This breed is one of the most popular dogs in the UK for a number of reasons.
Jack Russells are very loyal and devoted to their owners. These dogs are bundles of fun and their small size (even when fully grown) can lead people to think that Jack Russells are suitable for apartment living but this is not the case as you will find out in the succeeding lines.
To find out more about the Jack Russell Terrier, read on.
- Their coat will usually be prominently white with accents of other colours such as tan, brown and black. The Jack Russell Terrier also comes with in a variety of coat types such as smooth, wire haired, and long.
- Jack Russells were bred as hunting dogs and this instinct is still in them, especially in terms of energy levels and intelligence. This does mean however that they respond very well to training and love to be given a job to do. If they don’t have a job or an activity, a Jack Russell Terrier can become bored and destructive.
- Jack Russells are fearless by nature and puppies of this breed require extensive socialisation to humans and animals to prevent any unwanted aggression late on in life. However, most Jack Russells will never be fully happy around other animals so care should be taken.
- Despite their size, a Jack Russell Terrier will be hugely active and energetic so owners need to be prepared to provide them with the opportunity to exercise. This dog can live in a small apartment but it will mean that they have to be taken on plenty of extended walks for exercise.
- Unlike a lot of pedigree dogs, a Jack Russell Terrier is prone to comparatively few health issues and Jack Russells are generally fairly healthy dogs. 14 to 18 years is the average lifespan of these dogs.
- If you think you are interested in owning a Jack Russell Terrier, you can search for this breed here on Dogs and Puppies. Alternatively, you can sell your Jack Russell puppies for free on the website.