Labradoodle Puppies for Sale: Breed Tips
Labradoodle Breed Information
Labradoodles for Sale
This guide on Labradoodle puppies will give you some information on the size, temperament and appearance of Labradoodle puppies for sale.
Group: Hunting Dogs
Life Expectancy: 12-15 years
Height: 13 – 22 inches
Weight: 25 – 90 pounds
Size of Litters: 4 – 15 puppies
Labradoodle Puppy History
Labradoodles were first bred in 1989, the aim of breeding Labradoodles was to create a guide dog that would suit people with allergies; this new cross breed would be perfect because of its low shedding coat. Labradoodle puppies are still trained as guide dogs today and are also used as therapy and assistance dogs.
Characteristics of Labradoodle Puppies
Labradoodles do not have a breed standard but a curly woolly coat is preferred. You can get Labradoodles in white, cream, chocolate, gold, apricot, silver, red, chalk and blue. The coat length of a Labradoodle is medium to long and has hardly any shedding.
Temperament of Labradoodle Puppies
• Confident and friendly.
• Never aggressive.
• Loves to be around people.
• Great swimmers.
• Gentle and mellow almost to the point of lazy.
Labradoodle Puppy Care
• Labradoodles need to have their coat clipped once a year.
• Regular brushing of the coat is needed to keep the tangles at bay.
• You should also trim around the eyes and feet regularly.
• Labradoodles also need their nails checked on a regular basis and clipped when necessary.
• You should be aware of some health issues which are common in Labradoodles, these include ear infections, hip and elbow dysplasia and progressive retinal atrophy.
• Labradoodles are an active breed so it is very important that you give them regular exercise; about 2 hours a day is what they need. You should have a garden if you are going to buy Labradoodle puppies for sale.
Browse more Labradoodle puppies for sale on Dogs and Puppies.