Rottweiler Puppies for Sale: Breed Tips
Rottweiler Breed Information
Rottweilers for Sale
Rottweiler puppies for sale are very attractive and it is understandable why many people choose to buy a Rottweiler puppy. People buying Rottweiler puppies for sale however must exercise caution because a Rottweiler puppy will grow into a very large and extremely strong dog that isstrong willed. Read on to find out more about buying Rottweiler puppies for sale.
Buying a Rottweiler Puppy
- Rottweilers were originally bred for herding cattle and as a guard dog, this meant that they had to be very strong and very hardy, traits which have existed. A modern Rottweiler puppy will grow into roughly 100lb of pure muscle and has very strong guarding instincts that are still present. This means that Rottweiler puppies for sale need to be raised and trained by a strong hand, it is therefore recommended that Rottweiler puppies are not bought by first time dog owners. All Rottweiler puppies need complete training and socialisation.
- A Rottweiler puppy will grow into a dog that is very fond and loving of its family. Rottweiler puppies have a ‘clownishness’ that often extends way into their adulthood, especially around family members. Rottweiler puppies however are usually fairly standoff-ish with strangers and have to be properly introduced. Rottweilers are fiercely protective of what they see as a threat to their home and their family.
- Rottweilers are almost completely uniform in their appearance, a short black coat with a brown or tan face and legs is the breed standard. The short coat of Rottweiler puppies means they are fairly easy to care for in this respect. The docking of Rottweiler puppies’ tails is illegal, it may be possible however to find a Rottweiler puppy that has been born without a tail. This needs to be confirmed by a vet.
- Rottweiler puppies need space to exercise in all the way through their life. A Rottweiler is not a dog that does well being tied up or left alone for long periods of time. Houses with small children should be put a lot of thought into buying a Rottweiler puppy. A female Rottweiler puppy will grow into a much more maternal (especially to children) than a male will but both still have formidable guarding instincts.
- Rottweiler puppies can cost anything between £300 and £800, it is essential however when buying Rottweiler puppies for sale that you buy them from a reputable, KC registered breeder. This way, the Rottweiler puppies for sale will have been selectively bred to carry the best characteristics.
You can search for Rottweiler puppies for sale on Dogs and Puppies. Our dog guides will help you when it comes to Buying Puppies For Sale.