What's the difference between an English & French bulldog?
English Bulldog vs. French Bulldog
View Bulldog Dogs and Puppies for sale on the dogsandpuppies website.
Characteristics of an English Bulldog
• Wide, medium sized, compact dog with short legs
• Large body and head. There is extra skin on the skull and forehead which lies in folds
• The muzzle is wide and short. The eyes are deep set in the face
• They have little ears which are set high on their head
• English bulldogs have large jaws and hanging upper lips
• Their coat is short, flat and glossy
• Puppies can come in lots of different colours including red brindle, white, fawn, fallow or pale yellow
• English bulldogs are both dependable and affectionate
• They require a lot of attention to keep them happy
• Some English Bulldogs have dominating characters so you might need to be a strong leader who understands alpha canine behaviour to control them
• These dogs are packed full of energy but they will relax a bit once they get older.
• Bulldogs in general snore loudly, slobber and are messy eaters but they have lots of character.
• French bulldogs are a fantastic company and are very active
• These dogs are muscular with a smooth coat and solid bone structure
• Their tail is naturally short and can be straight or screwed
• When they have fully matured into adults should weigh approximately 22 to 30 pounds
• Most of these dogs are gentle and have a happy-go-lucky attitude
• They require close contact with humans
• French Bulldogs have trouble swimming and you must be careful when exercising them in hot weather because they have compromised breathing
• Small children might find French bulldog puppies to rough to play with