How to Make Dog Treats for Dogs with Bad Breath
Everyone loves getting kisses from their dog but foul doggy breath is never a nice aftertaste.
If you want to keep snuggling your dog but don’t want to put up with bad smells then try giving your dog treats that will freshen their breath.
You could spend a small fortune on buying these breath fresheners or you can buy a few simple ingredients and have a go at making some homemade dog treats yourself. This dog treats recipe will give you some simple ideas on how to freshen a dog’s bad breath.
Dog Treats – Biscuits
Ingredients – 2 cups of whole wheat flour, ½ cup of cornmeal, ½ cup of chopped fresh mint or 1 tbsp dried mint, ½ cup of chopped parsley, ¾ cup of water, biscuit cutters.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Grease a baking tray so the biscuits do not stick to it. Alternatively place some grease proof paper on the baking tray.
- Take a mixing bowl and combine the flour, cornmeal, chopped mint, parsley and water.
- You should find when mixing the ingredients together that it turns into soft dough.
- Flour a flat surface so you can roll the dough.
- Roll out the dough until it is approximately ¼ inch thick. This will make the perfect sized homemade dog treats.
- Now comes the fun bit, you can cut out your dog biscuits with cookie cutters making them any shape you want.
- Once you have cut out the shapes, go ahead and place them onto the baking tray.
- Put the biscuits into the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- After cooking do not remove from the oven, leave them for a couple of hours.
- Then you can remove the biscuits and place them in an airtight container.
- Leave in the fridge for two weeks.
Ingredients – 3 cups fresh finely chopped parsley, ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup finely chopped carrots, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp bran flakes, 2 ¾ cups whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp baking powder, 1 cup of water.
- Oil two baking trays and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the parsley, cheese, oil and carrots in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and bran flakes in a larger mixing bowl.
- Add the parsley mix and fold in thoroughly.
- Add the cup of water slowly mixing as you go. This should leave you with dough.
- Roll out the dough to ½ inch thick and cut the homemade god treats out with a glass or biscuit cutters.
- Cook the dog treats for 20 to 30 minutes watching for them to turn a nice golden brown.
- Leave to cool on the shelf in the oven or on a cooling rack.
- You should store the dog treats in a sealed container, if you do not plan to use the dog treats immediately then you may want to freeze them.