Puppies – Dog First Aid Kit Essentials
When you buy puppies for sale it is important that you know how to look after them. Having a dog first aid kit is essential if you are going to buy a puppy. Puppies like to explore and can get themselves into all sorts of mischief, if you have a canine first aid kit you will always be prepared for the worst.
This article will give you some information on what you should include in a dog first aid kit. You should carry a small basic version with you when you are out on walks with your puppy. Other places you need a canine first aid kit are in your car and home.
Dog First Aid Kit – What to Include and How to Use
- Latex Gloves – It is important that you put on some gloves before you deal with cuts and wounds to protect your dog and yourself from infection.
- Cotton Wool – Never use cotton wool dry, you should soak it in water, saline or antiseptic solution to clean out wounds.
- Sterile Saline Sachets – Used for cleaning wounds.
- Alcohol Free Wound Cleaning Wipes – These are excellent for small cuts and grazes. You can also clean your own hands with these.
- Padded Bandage – Used to hold dressings in place. Padded bandage will absorb any blood and pad out the wound for comfort.
- Sterile Non-Adherent Wound Dressing – Used to cover open wounds, this dressing also stops bandaging from sticking to the wound.
- Conforming Bandage – This is a mesh like fabric which keeps bandages in place. These bandages can be used to stop heavy bleeding by applying pressure on top of a padded bandage.
- Adhesive Tape – Keeps bandages in place.
- Cohesive Bandage – This bandage does what it says on the tin and is used as a top layer to keep all bandages in place.
- Tweezers – Tweezers are very useful for pulling out thorns, insect stings, splinters and grass seeds.
- Tick Remover.
- Space Blanket – Used to keep an injured dog warm.
Browse puppies for sale on Dogs and Puppies.