Rottweiler Puppies For Sale: How To Train a Rottweiler
Rottweilers can make fantastic family pets and Rottweiler puppies for sale are amongst the most popular on Dogs and Puppies. Puppy training is important with any dog but even more so with Rottweiler puppies for sale because they will grow into very strong and powerful pets that need strong handling. Rottweilers have a reputation for being vicious but this only occurs through poor handling and dog training. Any dog can be the victim of this but Rottweilers have the ability to do real damage so puppy training is even more important. Read on to find out about dog training for Rottweiler puppies for sale.
Puppy Training a Rottweiler
- The most important aspect of any puppy training is socialisation but this is even more important when it comes to Rottweiler puppies for sale, this is even more important. Poorly socialised Rottweilers can become fearful which can lead to aggression. To socialise Rottweiler puppies for sale make sure you expose them to lots of different people and places at a very young age. This is the most important part of puppy training.
- Alongside socialisation of the Rottweiler puppy, you need to start the actual puppy training at an early age as well. Basic commands such as sit, stay, heel and come are essential during this part of the dog training.
- Conditioning is also an important part of the puppy training. You don’t want Rottweiler puppies for sale to become protective of their toys or their food bowl so get the Rottweiler puppy used to having you around these items. One of the best ways to do this part of the puppy training is to do ‘object exchanges’. When your puppy has a toy, teach him to drop it and when he does, take the toy away and heap lots of treats and praise on him, thus teaching the Rottweiler that he gets rewarded when he does what you say. This will also install you the pack leader.
- When dealing with Rottweilers, it is essential for them to know they are bottom of the pack. You achieve this by controlling the important activities to the Rottweiler such as eating, sleeping, playing and contact between the two of you. When conducting dog training, make sure you control the games, where the Rottweiler puppy sleeps and that he doesn’t demand your attention. When dealing with Rottweilers, make sure they have a feeding schedule.
- Rottweiler puppies for sale are quite intelligent and require physical and mental exercise. After playing or going for a walk, undertake some mental stimulation such as obedience dog training or using dog toys for sale to keep Rottweilers’ brains active.
- Crate training a puppy is a very good idea and the same goes for Rottweilers, especially as many people can be nervous around Rottweilers. If you remember to start the training as early as possible, remain the pack leader and keep your Rottweiler mentally stimulated, you will have a fantastic family pet.