Stop Dogs Licking the Furniture
Dog licking is one of the many things dogs do best. Dogs licking everything they can get their tongues on are not uncommon, they will lick their paws, wounds and even the opportunity of furniture licking doesn’t pass them by. If you are having issues with your dog furniture licking then you should watch your dog closely for signs of an underlying condition which could be easily treated. This article will give you a few ideas on how to stop a dog licking the furniture.
Furniture Licking – Stopping Your Dog
• If your dog is furniture licking constantly then you will need to take your dog to the vet as he might be obsessive compulsive. Do not worry if this is the case because medication can be prescribed to help.
• If your dog only has a habit of furniture licking then this can be stopped. When you notice your dog licking the furniture move his head away and say “no” continue this with all furniture in your home. If you are consistent with your training then your dog will stop licking the furniture.
• Check that your dog has no stomach discomfort as this can cause dogs to lick items they wouldn’t usually.
• If you struggle with training your dog yourself you can hire a trainer to come and help break your dog’s bad habits.
• Sometimes dog lick objects out of boredom, try keeping your dog happy and entertained. Take your dog for a walk to make him happy, after exercising he is much less likely to resort to furniture licking.
• Try buying flavoured toys this can distract the dog from furniture licking. Turning on the television is also a good distraction to stop dog licking.