Wild Dog Training | Dogs and Puppies
Humans have domesticated dogs for thousands of years; the first humans to do this became experts in training wild dogs and bred wolves and jackals. We consider dogs as pets but there are still wild dogs in the world, most commonly dingoes and African wild dogs. It is very hard for domesticated dogs to survive in the wild but if they scavenge or find some other dogs to form a pack and hunt then they can usually manage. If you do your research and have lots of time and patience you can re-domesticate them and become a wild dog trainer. By taming wild dogs you can be the one to give them a loving home.
This article will teach you how to train wild dogs in a safe way. Before you begin training you must make sure you have the correct safety clothing as wild dogs can be dangerous. Protective gloves, long trousers and boots are appropriate.
Training Wild Dogs
- You will have to catch the wild dog and bring it to where it can be safely kept.
- When you catch the wild dog you must use a grasper or a net to restrain it. Make sure you have a safe and comfortable travel cage to transport the dog safely back to your home.
- The dog must be bought to a place out of the wild so that you can go about the wild dog training more easily.
- The best place to keep a wild dog is a large fenced in kennel in your garden.
- You must begin taming a wild dog by gaining its trust. The way to do this is to feed them regularly, wild dogs are malnourished so will greatly appreciate regular meals.
- Becoming a wild dog trainer is not easy and you must be careful not to impose yourself on the dog too much. You will notice that the dog will take a while to become comfortable being around humans again.
- Wait for the dog to seek you out as this is a signal that it is beginning to trust you. Any forced contact or loud noises might scare the dog and send him back to his wild ways.
- When taming a wild dog you should use positive reinforcement whenever he successfully eats.
- Be careful as some wild dogs may have been abused before they were released, if you provoke a dog with bad memories of people then it might feel threatened, turn violent or lash out.
- Once your dog accepts having regular contact with you start trying to take it on walks and other common dog activities.
- When your dog is obedient remember to give it lots of praise and love.
- If you are patient and do not push the dog too much then you will end up with a fully domesticated pet.
Browse all adverts and find your perfect puppy on Dogs and Puppies