All About Chocolate Labrador Puppies
Chocolate Labrador puppies are one of the most desirable types of Labradors as people are attracted to the deep brown colour of the fur. As pet dogs, chocolate Labradors are amongst the best family dogs you can buy as they are extremely friendly with other dogs, other people and are generally very fun loving. To find out more about chocolate Labrador puppies, read on.
Owning a Chocolate Lab
- Chocolate Labradors are exactly the same as the yellow and black coloured relatives in every way apart from colour. Chocolate Labradors are not the results of breeding a yellow and black Labrador; the colour of a chocolate lab is decided genetically and it is possible to have all three colours of Labradors in the same litter.
- The chocolate colour gene present in Labrador bloodlines is probably due to the early developmental breeding of the breed with things such as flat coat retrievers. Chocolate Labrador puppies (and yellow) were often seen as a fault and killed during the early 20th century until they became accepted.
- Chocolate Labradors are used worldwide in a variety of roles that include gun dogs, guide dogs, hearing dogs, search and rescue dogs, sniffer dogs and as therapy dogs.
- Chocolate Labradors are prone to the same health issues as other Labradors such as hip dysplasia, arthritis, cataracts and the knee issue luxating patella. When buying chocolate Labrador puppies for sale you need to ensure that the chocolate lab has parents that have been checked by a vet.
- For a more in depth article about Labradors (including chocolate Labradors), read our Labrador Breed Guide. Chocolate Labrador puppies really do make excellent pets and you can search for chocolate Labrador puppies for sale here on Dogs and Puppies. Alternatively, chocolate labs are always in demand and if you have a chocolate lab litter to sell, you can sell puppies for free here on Dogs and Puppies.