Essential Rottweiler Advice
Rottweiler puppies have a largely unfair reputation for growing into dangerous and uncontrollable dogs. In actual fact though, nothing could be further from the truth as Rottweilers are extremely loyal, loving and dependable family dogs. That said though, there is truth in the idea that Rottweilers are not suitable for everyone as you should not look to buy Rottweiler puppies for sale if you are inexperienced on owning dogs. To find out more essential information about Rottweilers, keep reading.
Owning Rottweiler Puppies
- It may seem obvious but you need to be fully aware of the fact that all Rottweiler puppies for sale will grow into large and extremely strong dogs. It is therefore very important that you start training them early and let them know that you are in charge to prevent them having dominance issues. Simple things such as eating first, going through doors first and basic obedience training will teach them their place within the pack.
- Rottweiler puppies need to be socialised well from an early age otherwise the inherent dominance and territorial characteristics of Rottweilers will begin to show themselves. Early socialisation of Rottweiler puppies with people and animals of all ages will produce a well rounded Rottweiler.
- Rottweilers will become very protective of their family and territory. Whilst this is a good thing, you need to ensure that it stays under control. It is always unlikely however that a male Rottweiler will allow another male into his territory.
- All dogs for sale need regular exercise but Rottweiler puppies are physically and mentally demanding. Rottweilers will need lots of exercise per day and will need to be mentally challenged to stop them getting bored. Obedience and/or agility trials are excellent for Rottweilers.
- Rottweiler puppies can live in perfect harmony with children but like all dogs, you should never leave them and a child alone together. Rottweiler puppies will test for dominance so they are recommended for older children who will know how to react.
- Rottweiler puppies for sale are not suitable for living permanently outdoors as their coat is quite thin and doesn’t offer enough protection in winter. The advantage of this however is that their smooth coat doesn’t require as much grooming.
If you feel that you can handle a Rottweiler, you can search for Rottweiler puppies for sale here on Dogs and Puppies. You may also find our Dog Training Guides very helpful.