How To Find a Good Dog Breeder
It cannot be overstated how important it is to use a good dog breeder when you are acquiring buying dogs for sale.
Good dog breeders breed puppies for sale for the love of doing it or to improve the breed, not simply to make money. You may have to pay more and wait longer for puppies for sale from a reputable dog breeder but it is vital that you end up with a pet that is healthy and happy.
Choosing a dog breeder can be tricky, especially if you have never bought a puppy before. Hence, we recommend you to read this guide to find out more.
Evaluate A Dog Breeder
- You need to begin by deciding what sort of dog breed you are interesting in owning as most dog breeders will only specialise in one or two types of dogs for sale. Once you have decided which dog you want to buy, you can start your search for a dog breeder.
- Here on Dogs and Puppies, we advertise dogs for sale that come from reputable breeders and you can also search for a dog breeder in our specific section. Once you think you have found dogs for sale that are suitable you need to get in contact with the seller.
- Whilst on the phone, ask the seller some basic questions such as the puppies' age, sex, the parents’ health and some background information. When you meet the dog breeder is time for more detailed questions.
- When it comes to going to see the puppies for sale, make sure you are able to see them in their own home and that they have been raised indoors with the family. The home should be clean, warm and comfortable. It is also important that you get to see the mother of the puppies at the very least.
- Responsible dog breeders should be extremely knowledgeable about their dogs for sale and should be able to offer advice and any questions you may have. Good dog breeders are also likely to ask you some questions about your suitability to take on one of their puppies for sale.
- Responsible dog breeders should provide you with an after care service including insurance, food and possibly medical care as part of the sale and most dog breeders will be able to help you if you have any questions once you have taken the puppy home.
If you are looking for puppies for sale, you can use Dogs and Puppies to search for suitable dogs for sale from reputable dog breeders.
You can also find useful the following tips: