How to raise Labrador puppies for sale
Labradors are one of the most popular breeds of dogs in the world and Labrador puppies for sale are always in high demand.
There are a few things you should know about raising Labrador puppies for sale such as specific dietary and exercise needs.
Labradors make fantastic family pets so to find out more about Labrador puppies, read on.
Labrador care tips
- Labradors are hugely active and don’t reach maturity until two or three years old so it is important to start obedience training with your Labrador puppies from a young age. An adult Labrador that hasn’t been trained will be quite a handful. Fortunately, Labrador puppies are very intelligent and are eager to please which helps the puppy training process.
- Labrador puppies need to be socialised from a young age to prevent them from becoming unruly around other people and animals. Labradors should never be aggressive but they are excitable and therefore need to be trained not to jump up and follow commands.
- Labradors are renowned for their love of food and will try to eat anything they can. It is therefore very important to control every aspect of Labrador puppies’ food intake. Obesity is very common in the Labrador breed so those who purchase Labrador puppies for sale need to be aware of this.
- Labradors have seemingly limitless energy and this must be channelled into something to prevent the Labrador puppies from becoming destructive. Plenty of regular exercise is imperative and mental enrichment in the form of retrieving or agility exercises is a very good idea. Labradors love to learn and to please their owner so this shouldn’t be too hard. Labrador puppies will not do well if they are cooped up in a house for extended periods of time.
- Labradors can be prone to certain health conditions and it is important that those who purchase Labrador puppies for sale are aware of these. Hip dysplasia is fairly common in Labradors so you need to make sure that the parents of Labrador puppies have good hip scores. The Labrador breed may also be prone to certain eye problems.
- Labrador puppies are absolutely brilliant family pets but they need to have owners that are capable of providing the care that they need. If you are interested in a Labrador, you can search for Labrador puppies for sale here on Dogs and Puppies.
For more information read our Labrador breed guide may also be useful for you.
Photo by Machfive