How To Re-home a Dog
Sadly, it’s a fact of life that there is sometimes a need to re-home dogs, for a wide number of reasons. Sometimes, you need to re-home a dog that is no longer suitable for its environment or people need to start re-homing dogs that have been mistreated or abandoned. Fortunately, there a number of ways that you can re-home dogs to ensure that they find good homes and live happy lives. To find out more about re-homing dogs, read on.
How To Re-Home Dogs
- It may be the case that for whatever reason, it is no longer possible for your pet dog to live with you due to the arrival of a baby or another change in circumstances but there are a number of ways that you can re-home dogs in the correct way.
- You can advertise dogs for free here on Dogs and Puppies and your advert will reach thousands of people each day. Many people look for dogs for re-homing because they cannot take on a puppy or simply prefer the mellow nature of an older dog.
- When you re-home a dog, it is important to ensure that explain the reason for re-homing dogs both in your advert and when you meet prospective ‘customers’. You need to make sure that the prospective new owner knows why you need to re-home a dog and that they meet the animal in question.
- Re-homing dogs using Dogs and Puppies is preferable to giving the dog to a shelter because there is no guarantee that the shelter will be able to re-home dogs and they may have to stay there for an extended amount of time. Re-homing dogs to a shelter should really be a last resort.
- When you advertise dogs for re-homing, make sure that you provide full details about their medical history and whether they have any conditions that the new owner needs to be aware of.
- If you are looking to take on dogs for re-homing, you can search for dogs for free here on Dogs and Puppies. When you are looking at re-homing dogs, you need to spend a good amount of time with the animal to ensure you get on with each other and you also need to make sure that the dog will be suitable for your home which may include children or other animals.