Lhasa Apso Puppies For Sale: Essential Information
If you landed here looking for Lhasa Apso puppies, you would probably want to check the adverts section.
There are some things you need to know before you decide to get a Lhasa Apso as a companion, so read on to find out more.
Lhasa Apsos are a very ancient breed of dog that have existed for thousands of years. This breed originated in Tibet and was originally used to guard the interior of Tibetan monasteries.
This original job of meant that this dog has developed a very courageous and brave personality.
All you need to know before you get a Lhasa Apso
- Although Lhasa Apso puppies will be friendly with people they know, they can be prone to being aggressive with people they don’t know. Proper training and socialisation from a young age will help considerably to avoid this. Lhasa Apso puppies are unusual in that they can show complete independence from and then dependence on their owners within a short amount of time.
- Lhasa Apso puppies will grow to be very affectionate to their owners and they show this by rubbing their heads on their owner, sleeping on their feet or by simply running around them. Lhasa Apso puppies are a very emotive breed.
- These dogs will not shed as much as other breeds of dogs for sale and many owners choose to keep their Lhasa Apsos with a permanent, short ‘puppy cut’. You should get used Lhasa Apso puppies used to bathing from an early age to avoid problems in the future.
- Lhasa Apsos should live for quite a long time as they don’t have very many inherent health problems. Although this dog may lose their sight as they get older but this rarely phases them. Lhasa Apso puppies should live into their late teens and possibly early twenties.
- Because Lhasa Apsos are fairly small dogs, they are well suited to living in smaller spaces such as flats or small houses. Of course, all dogs need plenty of exercise and Lhasa Apsos are no different. Feed your furry firend with the best food possible will help to keep them as healthy as possible.