Poodle Puppies For Sale: Essential Info
Poodles make fantastic pets that are not only very friendly but also extremely intelligent. In fact, poodles are ranked as the second most intelligent dog after the border collie. Poodles do need some specific care but overall they make brilliant family dogs. To find out more about buying poodle puppies for sale, read on.
Buying Poodle Puppies
- Poodles come in three different sizes toy, miniature and standard (smallest to largest), and are one of the only breeds to be recognised in such varying sizes. Standard poodle puppies will grow into dogs of similar size to a full grown labrador whereas toy poodles will not grow to be larger than 11 inches high.
- Poodles puppies are probably most renowned for their coat. Poodle puppies have a single layer but very dense coat that doesn’t shed. The lack of shedding is one of the reasons poodle puppies for sale are so popular with people who are allergic to pets.
- Poodles are often crossed with other breeds to pass on their low shedding fur. Labradoodles and Cockapoos are probably the best known of these cross breeds. The coat of poodle puppies for sale can vary but is usually either white, cream or black. Poodle puppies need good amounts of grooming to ensure that thee coat remains in good condition.
- Poodle puppies for sale will be very trainable as they are extremely intelligent. Poodles have been used for centuries in a working role and continue to excel as gun dogs, especially when retrieving from water. The high intelligence of poodle puppies also sees them used in obedience trials and other working roles.
- Poodles are very friendly dogs that do well in a family situation. It is worth noting that poodles may not tolerate as much rough play from children like a labrador or boxer might but on the whole they are extremely good with kids. Poodle puppies love to be the centre of attention and they may get bored if not kept entertained.
- Poodles love to play (especially fetch) and they should be kept busy to prevent them from becoming bored. Bored poodles become very creative with finding mischief. Poodle puppies are also known to be quite easy to housebreak and train.
If you feel that poodle puppies would make great pets for you then you can search for poodle puppies for sale here on Dogs and Puppies. Or, if you have poodle puppies for sale you can sell puppies for free.