Tips For Re-homing Dogs
Re-homing dogs can be stressful for everyone who is involved, including the dog so it is vital that the process goes as smoothly and as quickly as possible. Fortunately, there are a number of different tips that you can follow which will help. By following a few different tips for dogs for re-homing you can ensure that everything goes smoothly, read on to find out more about how to re-home a dog.
How To Re-home Dogs
- The first thing you need to do when re-homing dogs is to make sure that the advert you use is up to scratch. The advert used to re-home a dog needs to contain all the relevant information about the dog, some good pictures, a reason for re-homing dogs and your contact details.
- You can place a free advert to re-home dogs here on Dogs and Puppies that will reach out thousands of visitors each day. You can include multiple pictures at no extra cost and for a small extra fee, you can have your advert for re-homing dogs upgraded to a featured advert which will place it at the top of the list and increase the exposure.
- It is important to respond to any enquiries about the dogs for re-homing as soon as you can and as helpfully as you can. Make sure that you answer any questions in complete honesty and be as helpful as you can as this will make the process of re-homing dogs much quicker and easier.
- You also need to ask as questions of the people who are looking to re-home a dog to ensure that they are suitable for re-homing dogs and that the animal will live a happy life. Important questions you should ask when re-homing dogs is whether they have any experience of looking after dogs, whether there will be any children or other pets in the house and the sort of environment he will be living in.
- It is always better to try and re-home dogs yourself rather than giving them to a rescue shelter. Rescue shelters cannot always confirm when they will be able to re-home the dogs and it could take several years. Remember, you can advertise your dogs for re-homing for free here on Dogs and Puppies.