What You Need To Know About Chihuahua Puppies
If you landed on this page searching for Chihuahuas for sale please check the ads section.
Chihuahua puppies can turn into great pets but only for people that know what they are taking on and how this dog needs to be looked after.
Chihuahuas are the smallest breed of dog in the world and they have certain requirements.
To find out more about how to care for a Chihuahua, read on.
Looking After Chihuahua Puppies
- Chihuahuas are the smallest breed of dog in the world and like a lot of small dogs they have certain health issues that need to be addressed and monitored. One of the most important things to remember when you own a Chihuahua is to ensure that it is fed regularly. This breed can go rapidly downhill when they have not been fed and this can have very serious consequences.
- Chihuahuas are also prone to becoming obese and you need to ensure that you do not overfeed them either. Chihuahuas are one of the few dogs that can be affected by diabetes. The large eyes of a Chihuahua can be prone to infection.
- Chihuahua puppies love their owner and bond very closely with one (or sometimes two) person. The bond formed between these dogs and their owners is very close and care should be taken to ensure that a Chihuahua does not become possessive.
- Chihuahua puppies will generally get on well with other Chihuahuas all their lives but they may not be suitable for houses with other animals. The temperament of Chihuahuas is unique in that it is largely determined by genetics. Some Chihuahuas are very friendly while others can be prone to aggression. Chihuahua puppies need to be socialised early and may not be best for households with young children as they need a patient and calm environment.
- Chihuahuas love to burrow into bedding and blankets etc. and they will love to sleep on or in their owner’s bed. Chihuahuas may also burrow through undergrowth when out on walks. They will always have very small, weak necks and a collar is not recommended for walks. A dog harness is a much safer option to avoid injury.
- Although Chihuahua puppies will need lots of care, they do make fantastic pets and if you are interested in owning a Chihuahua you can search for Chihuahua puppies for sale here on dogs and puppies.