All Ad categories
    • All Ad categories
    • Dogs and Puppies
    • Dog Accessories
    • Dog Services
    • Events

    Dog barks himself to death

    NewsDog CuriositiesTuesday 26 July 2011
    Share:

    An English Bulldog from New York (USA) died from barking too much after his owner had left his pooch in a kennel for the first time. 

    A dog owner left her pooch in a kennel indicating that the dog had never been to any boarding centre before and therefore was afraid of her pet’s reaction. When she was informed about her dog’s death she was told that her bulldog had died of heart failure. However, according to the Daily Mail, an autopsy found that the English Bulldog had suffocated himself from barking too much for days without proper care or intervention. The dog’s swollen throat suffocated him and caused his death. 

    Most dogs cannot bark themselves to death but a few are more susceptible to suffocation if their throats become swollen. These include ones with: Respiratory problems from their squashed faces, small windpipes, Laryngeal saccules that, unlike other dogs, stick out into their airways.

    Read more news and articles here.

    Text source: dailymail.co.uk; image source: flickr.com

    News
    Subscribe to our newsletter
    //