Man sets his house on fire when trying to cremate his dog
A man from Dale City (Virginia, USA) has been charged with illegal burning after he tried to cremate his dog but ended up setting his house on fire, according to the Daily Mail.
Thor, an 11-year-old Rottweiler, died on Friday, 15th July of unknown causes. The dog’s owner called several animal shelters in his area, however all of them were closed and could not attend him. Rottweiler’s owner decided to contact local animal hospitals to see weather they could help him to take care of the body of its dog. According to the Daily Mail, the man was told to bring the body to the hospital; however, he was unable to do it as his car was too small.
Officials said that on Wednesday morning, around 9am, the dog’s owner piled wood around Rottweiler’s body and poured on gasoline. However, the flames shot up the back of the house to the roof and when firefighters arrived, they found smoke billowing from the two-story, single-family home. The dog’s owner property suffered extensive damage from the fire, smoke, and the water to put the blaze out and is currently uninhabitable.
A day later animal control finally came and took the dog away and the man has a court date on 24th August. It is against the law in Prince William County to burn without a permit.
Image source: flickr.com