Puppies overdosed with horse medicine
Ten puppies have been rescued after investigators say they were overdosed with medicine usually given to horses. The woman from New Lebanon (USA), has been charged with 12 counts of animal cruelty.
The employees of Columbia-Greene Humane Society found 12 puppies emaciated and covered with fleas, one of them was dead and another one had to be put down due to the consequences of overdoses of the medicine given usually to horses. The puppies were suffering from tremors and some of them went blind.
The dogs are currently being looked over by the Humane Society, though two of them are still in critical conditions and are being hospitalized. All puppies are expected to make a full recovery and will eventually be rehomed.
For more news please click here.
Image and text source: Fox 23 News